Sunday, April 7, 2013

"For my Daughter..."

an excerpt from a star wars fan fiction i was writing at one time


(the following was written 2/14/07)
tenel ka and jaina sat at the lunch table, talking. tenel ka shivered and rubbed her arms. "man, i wish summer would hurry up and get here! i hate this cold weather!" jaina smiled warmly at her best friend. "tenel ka, instead of thinking about how cold it is, ou should think about the cool things you can do in the snow!" tenet ka rolled her eyes. "now is not the time for one of your lame puns, solo! i feel like i'm freezing my butt off!" jaina pondered this a moment, then came up with an idea; "how about you tell me about your summer vacation last year? what did you do?" tenel ka sighed dreamily. "oh, yeah, it was great! my parents took me to this water park. they had everything there! from water slides to lazy rivers, it was just great! you see, the weather on the day we went was, oh, about 85 degrees outside, not huge breeze, just a soft one that was barely there. the water was cold, so it felt nice and refreshing for this hot day. there were a lot of kids there, so i mingled and made a couple of friends." tenel ka sighed dreamily. jaina leaned forward excitedly. "so, what all did you do?" tenel ka sighed again. "well, there was this child of 13 years named allana. her and i hung out most of the time..."

(the following was added on 4/25/11)
"Excuse me, ma'am, I'm Sarai, the Barrista? Are you okay?"
The young woman looked up from the journal, swiping at the tear in her eye.
"Yeah, I'll be okay..." She suddenly burst into tears, hugging her sweater to her chest. Sarai caught the journal as it fell towards the floor. She turned it over in her hand, reading the title that was scrawled on the front;
"The Life of my Friends, as recorded by Jacen Solo". She looked at the young woman.
"Where did you find this?" Sarai gasped, remembering the tales of the dreaded Sith Lord when she was a girl. The young woman motioned for her to open the journal. Sarai read the first page, where Jacen had scrawled a note the day of his death.
"For my Daughter, Allana......"

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what you think!